Have you ever wanted to live the life of an Upper East Sider? Well, for a few hours, you can! On Location Tours in New York City has a Gossip Girl sites tour that stops at all the important locations GG has filmed at (80% of the show is filmed outside of the studio).
Gossipgirl.com experienced the tour first-hand and here were some of the highlights:
- Our starting point was The Palace Hotel, where Lily‘s (Kelly Rutherford) apartment is. We met our tour guide Lindsey, who has worked on the show before as Vanessa‘s (Jessica Szhor) stand-in. She said they used to have theme days every Friday on set, and once a month they did “Chuck Bass Day” where everyone dressed up like him.
- While we were driving around from place to place, Lindsey would play clips from the show mostly featuring the locations we had just gone to. One of montages she showed was the evolution of Nate Archibald‘s (Chace Crawford) eyebrows. Go back and watch the first episodes, and you’ll notice it too!
- Did you know that Madison Avenue, where Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) buy some of their prized possessions is the most expensive street to shop on in the US, surpassing Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills?
- The building that is used for Constance Billard is actually a church, and St. Jude’s is actually filmed at the Museum of the City of New York.
- We drove past the building used for outside shots of Blair’s apartment. An average apartment in that building costs $22 million!
- Obviously we stopped at the MET to do a photo op on the steps.
- At Dylan’s Candy Bar, where Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) helped Vanessa shop for her anniversary, we spotted Penn and Blake’s favorite candy: M&Ms!
- At the Empire Hotel, where Chuck lives, the bar serves drinks named after the show such as the “I’m Chuck Bass,” “XOXO,” and “Georgina’s Mind Eraser.”
- One of our favorite parts of the tour was stopping at Henri Bendel and trying on $200 headbands like B wears on the show!
If you get the chance, you should definitely do the tour and see what other kinds of scoop from the show you can uncover! For more info or to sign up, go here!
What is the one location from the show you’d want to see in person? Tell us about it in a comment below!