I have zero shame in admitting my full-out obsession with all things Harry Potter. Why, I even ordered all my books from a store in England because the language was every so slightly different. So imagine my delight when J.K. Rowling posted a new 1,500-word short story update on Harry, Hermione and Ron! If you’re one of those “I only saw the movies, I didn’t read the books” sort of people (ugh), those would be Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.
The tale is written as a gossip-column for the Daily Prophet, penned by Rita Skeeter that takes place at the Quidditch World Cup Finals in Patagonia. The story is available on Pottermore.com, which requires an irritating amount of signing up and all that. But my little muggles, I’ve done all the dirty work for you (as always) and can share some of the juiciest highlights…
- Harry is an Auror (dark magic hunter) conducting top-secret business for the Ministry of Magic.
- Ron used to work with Harry but left to run a joke shop with his brother George Weasley.
- Hermione is the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and she and Ron have two children, Rose and Hugo. Her hair is still a mess, though.
- Ginny Weasley and Harry are still married, with two sons, James and Albus. Ginny is a guest reporter for the Daily Prophet and is covering the QWC.
- Bill Weasley and wife Fleur Delacoeur have a daughter, Victoire, who is smitten with Tonks and Lupin’s son!
- Rita Skeeter is still completely terrible.
The story also gives you an update on Victor Krum, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom but I shant spill everything for you, darlings. I was hoping for some Draco Malfoy info (you know I always fall for the villain) but alas.
Does all this make you long for the days when Hogwarts was under siege and you could rattle off Dumbledore’s full name? Or have you grown up enough to just roll your eyes at the wizarding world?