We’re counting down the days until the Gossip Girl Season 6 premiere on October 8 at 9/8c by featuring some fan-picked favorite episodes every day until the premiere. There are only 2 more days left! And today, we’re looking at Facebook fan Luca A.’s favorite episode:
Season 5, Episode 13: “G.G.”
“Hands down the Royal Wedding…no other episode has had more twists and turns or suspense than that one. Gloves came off, curtains came down, and and the hits kept coming till the end” – Luca A.
Who else was screaming “OMFG” at the flat screen? The 100th episode of Gossip Girl proved to be an extreme drama-filled show complete with a royal wedding and the return of Georgina Sparks!
- Blair’s Wedding Day – It’s the event that everyone’s been waiting for (and hoping wouldn’t actually happen). The bride-to-be gets a little panic attack as she’s sitting in her gorgeous Vera Wang gown. We all know she still loves Chuck but can’t be with him because of her prayer to God that said if he stayed alive, she’d keep her vow to marry Louis. There’s a part of us that thinks she actually likes Louis, like she’s not totally repulsed by him like we are, but there’s still some major hesitation about whether or not she should walk down the aisle.
- Georgina Returns – She’s back, and ready to join forces with Chuck to break up Blair’s wedding. First she plans on seducing the groom and having Blair find the two of them. But, Eleanor puts an end to that quickly. Then, she films Blair telling Chuck that she still loves him (see above) and gives him the video to do with it what he wants.
- Eleanor Waldorf to the Rescue – A mother knows best, and Eleanor can tell Blair is not happy. She goes to Chuck’s apartment and tells him. This encourages him to go to Blair and tell her not to marry Louis right before she walks down the aisle. She tells him she still loves him but has to marry Louis. Le sigh…
- Serena Finally Tells Chuck About Blair’s Vow – Finally! And now Chuck knows why she’s been so weird.
- Blair Marries Louis – We have never felt so nervous before. First, she looks amazing walking down the aisle with Harold and Cyrus. The priest asks if anyone has any objections to this marriage and Chuck walks in. The suspense is killing us. Say something, Chuck! But then Blair gives him a look like, “Don’t do it,” and he remains silent. THEN, everyone’s phones start buzzing. It’s a Gossip Girl text! She leaks the video of Blair telling Chuck she still loved him. Blair runs away, and we see her and Louis talking in another room. She explains to him that he didn’t see the part on the video where she says she loves him. They get married and we see them having their last dance at the reception. Louis is all like, “Our marriage is just a contract at this point. I only did this to save face. Flash a fake smile so people think we’re happy.”
- Blair Runs Away – With her mandatory fake smile, Blair runs over to her phone and says to the person on the other line, “Help me.” Cut to Chuck looking for Blair at the reception. Was it him that she called? Cut to Blair running outside looking around. A car pulls up. She gets in. “This is the only one I could find,” DAN says. OMFG – she called DAN!
- Georgina is Gossip Girl? – Knowing our hearts couldn’t handle anymore drama, we still got another shocking moment. A post on Gossip Girl is being written by someone and then the camera shows who that someone was … GEORGINA!? Is she really Gossip Girl or did she just hack into the account? We’ll have to wait and see!
What was your favorite moment in this episode? Leave a comment below!